- Project by external funding
Project by external funding
Main projects funded by external funds
- National BioResource Project (NBRP)
Development of base centered on tomato cultivation
- NBRP-Tomato is one of national bioresource projects which aim to collect, preserve and provide bio-resources (animal, plants and other living materials) for promoting life science research supported by MEXT. The Gene Research Center plays a crucial role in contributing tomato bioresource.
- Cross-ministerial Strategic Innovation Promotion Program(SIP)
“Technologies for Creating next-Generation Agriculture,
Forestry and Fisheries”
- We are developing high-functional and high-quality crops especially in tomato and melon of commercial varieties by applying genome editing techniques. We are also accumulating knowledge scientific analysis and social-scientific study for social-implementation of genome editing techniques.
- Science and Technology Research Partnership
for Sustainable Development (SATREPS)
- The project is named Diversity Assessment and Development of Sustainable Use of Mexican Genetic Resources: Bringing Stability to World Food Supplies with Japanese Technology and Mexican Resources.